Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Real Secret Of Abner Lemon

 

Will stay a secret.  I can't figure out the mess of his life.  A wife living with his daughter Jemima, him living with another wife in Coral and having, not one but two daughters with her, according to Census records and other peoples' family trees.  Abner, Abner, Abner.  What did you do??  And the one daughter I can track and trace, well, she married at least three times, maybe even four. 

There's a copy of his will down in Macomb County.  I'd love to see that.  I'd also like to know why his daughter's son, Benjamin Proctor Ball, is named Proctor, because he and members of his immediate family are buried in the Proctor Cemetery in Romeo, Macomb County, Michigan.  Who are the Proctors and how deeply will I become emeshed in their (probably messy) lives? 

If only the 1890 Census hadn't burned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment