Friday, January 4, 2008

I am surely losing what's left of my feeble little mind

I was trying to find an introduction letter I'd written and sent with other packets when I found this:

Crouched here
beside these lovely bones
all gray powder now,
no meat or sinew to bind them,
the skeletons of my ancestors
constructed now of dates and places,
names once called out in love and rage,
jotted down in neat rows
as they never were in life,
now, centuries later,
they are meek and silent,
seen only in old photographs,
perhaps a chin on this child,
a farmer's eyes now
seeing compact discs and
optical mice.

It was just a notepad item and my "My Documents" folder is full of them.  I have the startings of stories and poems I've written and just pasted into Notepad and put away for another time.  I really, really like the thing above, but I can't remember if I wrote it or copied it from somewhere.  It feels like I wrote it, but I can't be sure.  And if I can't be sure, I can't claim that I did.  I tried Googling it to see if I could find it somewhere, but nothing came up.

I hope I wrote it because I really like it.

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment